Facial Rejuvenation was a Chinese development using acupuncture. Created over many years, it helps combat ageing. First used during the Sung Dynasty (960AD-1070AD). This was when the Empress and Emperor’s concubines received cosmetic acupuncture to maintain their youthful appearance.
What is Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture?
Moreover, facial rejuvenation acupuncture is a popular and safe approach to looking and feeling good. It is also a highly effective natural alternative to botox, surgery and microdermabrasion. This is neither a facelift nor replacement to surgery and has no negative side effects.
Treatment is safe, not so costly and virtually painless. It has no side effects or risk of disfigurement. There is also no trauma or any period of recovery. Minor bleeding and bruising may occur. Removal of the needles is the main reason. This is short-term and does not indicate a negative reaction to the procedure.
When combined with constitutional, the treatment aims at the underlying causes of the ageing. It has a more profound effect than simply improving one’s appearance. This helps you look the very best you can.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture – What does it involve?
The initial consultation involves gathering medical history and a Chinese diagnosis. We then discuss what areas of your face you wish to focus on. If there are any underlying imbalances within the body, we might advise constitutional treatment before facial acupuncture.
This is a more holistic approach, and the effects are more profound than simply improving one’s appearance. Additional techniques may be utilised as follows;
- Derma roller – improves circulation, stimulates collagen production.
- Guasha – helps bring the blood to the surface of the face and stimulates blood circulation.
- Tiger warmer – warms acupuncture points and is very relaxing.
- Jade roller – this has a soothing effect, improves circulation and increases oxygen supply to the face.
- Facial massage – this has several effects, including relieves muscle tension, improves circulation.
What are the benefits:
- Help to eliminate fine lines and diminish larger wrinkles
- Also increases local blood and lymph circulation
- Tightens pores and brightens eyes
- Releases ‘mask of tension’ caused by stress held in the facial muscles
- Help reduce dark shadows, puffiness and sagging tendencies
- Improves collagen production and muscle tone
- Help reduce double chin and lifts drooping eyelids
- Improves facial colour
- Also, clear toxins to prevent acne eruptions
Facial Rejuvenation sessions should occur twice a week. (For 10 Sessions total)
Each person also responds differently. This depends on his or her constitution and lifestyle. Moreover, the effects become most noticeable following the 7th session. Following the initial course of treatment, monthly maintenance sessions will also prolong your results. Each session lasts approximately 1 hour.
Are there any contraindications?
- Severe high blood pressure.
- Pituitary disorders.
- Bleeding or bruising disorders.
- Frequent severe migraines.
- Also, Colds or Flu.
- Acute illness.
- Acute allergic reactions.
- Also treats Hangover or intoxication.
Can I still have facial acupuncture following:
- Botox –The effects of the botox should no longer be present.
- Laser resurfacing – it is safe after 3 weeks as it takes this amount of time to recover.
- Oxipeels – it is safe after 3 weeks.
Facial rejuvenation Fees:
Initial Consultation: £65 for 90 minutes
Follow-ups: £60 for 75 minutes approximately
Please note Cash or Cheque only.
Finally, to book an appointment, please call. Alternatively, could you leave a message via the contact us page?